Planfred offers two features that greatly facilitate the creation (initial upload) of multiple plans. The use of the clipboard ensures that no plans are overlooked and the ability to copy settings from the last plan saves time. Also, when updating plans and uploading documents, it makes sense to load all files to the clipboard first, as this ensures that no documents are forgotten.
First, the clipboard is filled with files:
- click on My clipboard (top right)
- load all CAD and/or print files of the new plans into the clipboard: either click on Select files or simply drag them from your own system into the clipboard
- Close the clipboard (click on the cross in the upper right corner), the files will be uploaded in the background
After that, the first plan is created and fed with the corresponding files from the clipboard:
- click on Create new plan
- insert print file from the clipboard: click on from Clipboard in the right area of the PRINT FILE field and select the desired file in the pop-up window
- insert CAD file from the clipboard: click on from Clipboard in the right area of the CAD FILE field and select the desired file in the pop-up window
- enter index and plan content; edit plan number; select plan folder, tags, etc.; write comment and/or request approval if necessary
- click on save + add another one
When creating further plans, the settings of the respective last plan can be taken over:
- click on Use settings from latest plan, the selection of settings to be applied can be edited (click on the checkmarks)
- create and save the plan as described above
This process is repeated until there are no more plans to choose from in the clipboard pop-up window – so the list is cleared. Clicking on My clipboard (to the right of “Settings & Backup”) shows that all files in the clipboard have the status “assigned”.
PLEASE NOTE: Each plan is created only once and must then be updated. Plans must not be created more than once so that the last status remains unique!
TIP: The files in the clipboard can be sorted e.g. by file name (click on File name in the list header).
Is your project getting bigger and bigger?
Become a Planfred professional: Tips & tricks on how you can use Planfred even more effectively !